Friday, January 7, 2011

Big Machine Records

Speaking that I am from "Music City," finding a recording label was no problem at all. I search but never found a R&B recording label in Nashville and maybe I didn't search hard enough. So I settle with what my city's known for; it's country music. My recording labels company name is Big Machine Records and it is home to many of country music's finest stars. Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Steel Magnolia, Trish Yearwood, and more! Between you and me, the only country artist that I know from this company are Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts...but you catch my drift! These are big name people here!
Big Machine Records is an independent recording company that was established in 2005. The company mainly plays country music, however their music have crossed into many genres of music including pop and Adult Contemporary. They have won many awards such as the American Music Award, MTV Music Video Award, Academy of Country Awards, and Teen Choice Award. From the variety of awards they have won, tells me that their audience ranges from 16-mid 30's. I could be wrong, but it's a lucky guess.
It was very hard to get a representative from the label to the phone, however, much of the information about the label, are included on their website. There you would find a brief history of the label and its many featured artist. When you click on "Media" you will find that they advertise their artist greatly on the website. Similar to I-Tunes, they allow you to purchase the song or Cd for a set amount. Other ways they distribute their music are concerts. On the website they give updates of when and where they will be performing.
Yep, my record label has it all! The fame (meaning it's well known artists)fortune, awards, and great business strategy. If their was a problem with that faces the company, I sure enough don't see it. They are Big Machine Records doing BIG things!

No comments:

Post a Comment