Thursday, January 20, 2011

People Magazine

The magazine that I chose to report was People Magazine. Now, I hardly even buy this magazine because of all of the pictures of celebrities just thrown randomly on the pages. I don't like that at all. All of the news featured in the magazine evolved around celebrities and their every day lives. I read in one of the articles that Cameron Diaz bought marijuana from notorious rapper Snoop Dogg. (What a big surprise..) None of the news caught my attention because they were all based on famous people lives. I already have enough problems in my own life, I don't need to read about stupid junk about celebrities and them being either too drunk, high, flirtatious toward American Idol contestants, or their newborns! Most of the photos included again, famous people. If they weren't seen outside their homes, they were on the red carpet. If not that, they were shopping or spotted outside a restaurant. They also had some pictures of the latest styles worn by celebrities and usually advertised where you could get the same cloths for less. Other ads include more sells of People Magazine, social network ads, cleansing products, and fashion. Some of the ad images were similar to the photos that you would see throughout the magazine. I this was their way of selling the product. I feel that People magazine was made to target an audience between the ages of 16-21, maybe 25. The whole make of the magazine appeals to the younger youth because they know that around this age young adults are concern about their image. That's explains why most of the advertisement was fashion or trend related.

No comments:

Post a Comment