Monday, January 17, 2011

The Tactics of Advertisment

While watching my favorite show, Real Housewives of Atlanta, I notice one particular commercial that stood out from all the rest. This commercial was for the new 2011 Toyota Highlander. I'm pretty sure you all have seen the commercial. You know the kid is in the back of the car, painfully listening to his parents singing their old jams, while his friend pulls up beside them at a stop light enjoying his new T.V. system installed in their car, the Toyota Highlander. Basically, the commercial was trying to say that their car was better than others due the "sweet rear seat entertainment system" as the little boy quotes. If it was not the Highlander commercial, it was the IPAD commercial. I will admit, they have catchy tune that sticks in your head. (I often find myself singing with the tune when it comes on.) This commercial shows the special affects of the new I-pad. When it comes to the car commercial, they are trying to sell their product by the features that comes along with the car. I feel that this is not a good way to sell the product because it does not show how safe the car can be in accidental situations. It focuses on the a particular special feature, such as the rear seat entertainment system and draws away from important facts such as millage, safety, and how well it drives. These are all things that an informed customer would want to know. As far as the I-pad commerical, bravo with it's sell tactics. They show the important features that the I-pad can perform while adding a catchy tune! Ok so the catchy tune part is not important, but it is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment