Monday, January 10, 2011

The Today Show and The Colbert Report

Satirical news such as "The Today Show" and "The Colbert Report" helps us understand the world by using comedy and humor. As I clicked on the link to the website, it was my first time seeing these two shows and interact with their audience by cracking jokes on political and entertainment news. I must say that it was a little entertaining.
Both shows cover broad areas of entertainment and news. Everything ranging from political views to celebrity entertainment. In order to see if the news was creditable, I Google some of the topics the discuss. "The Today Show," said something about the republicans retaking office in the white house. Sure enough I found that the republicans did reclaim their position in the white house. I will admit, I was a little discourage because I am a proud democrat.
Now, broadcasting has went from being the "serious" local and cable news to hilarious comedy news. I think people are tired of hearing news the old fashion way-which is serious without cracking a smile to assure that everything will be alright. So people add humor in today's news to lighten up the mood of America.
I believe that this new broadcasting of entertainment is expressing what people today really thinks of our government. I notice that they use inappropriate and provocative words that people are really thinking in their mind. It sounds crazy but the way they word news is probably what society thinks about a certain situation. Is that better than the internet or print news? To be honest I cannot give you an answer on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment