Friday, January 7, 2011

Not A Country Station In Sight...

And the top Radio Stations in Nashville are (drum role sound effects):#1WJXA Mixed 92.9, #2WJFX 104.5 The Zone, and #3 WNRQ 105.1 The Rock! Have you noticed??? Not a country station in sight...well at least not in the top 3 popular stations of Nashville. It shows the variety of music Nashville has. Being a Nashville native, it often frustrates me that we as a city, Music City to be correct, only receives credit for one genre of music, country. So, yea, I did get a little excited when I saw that our favorite radio stations dose not include a country station. I know how diverse my city is, but try telling that to other people who perception of Nashville is pretty set and stone.:/
Mix 92.9- is a station that plays mostly adult contemporary music.
The Zone 104.5- is a talk show that concentrate on sports.
The Rock 105.1- plays classic rock music.
If I would have continued on with the list, some country stations would have followed immediately after The Rock. I believe that our stations in Nashville do a great job with converting to the advances of technology. You can access all of these stations online, leave comments, request songs, news update, and more. Radio is here to stay in my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment